Seriously, where did February go? Every time I look at my March schedule I have a small panic attack. It’s always way worse when you think about everything that needs to be done and constantly look ahead at your schedule, wouldn’t you agree? At least that is what I have been telling myself. This month I am going to do my best to take it one day at a time and enjoy the moment, no matter how tired I may be!
It’s Friday and my sister is coming home for the weekend. Yippie!
It’s FRIDAY peeps! I know a few weeks back I mentioned I want to try to enjoy little things throughout the week and not simply wait for the weekend; which I am trying to be better at, but I just love Friday’s. The funny thing is I don’t do anything exciting. I’ve actually had quite the little routine going for the past oh I don’t know…4 Friday’s in a row?
Lately, my boss has been letting me go early on Friday’s since we work so many events/overtime throughout the rest of the week or weekend work. As soon as she tells me to leave I hit up Starbuck’s and then the mall.
It’s nice to decompress from the week by myself with coffee and pretty clothes to look at. Usually, I don’t end up buying much. I know I could do this pretty much any day of the week, but I love knowing the week is behind me and I don’t have to do any prepping for the next work day, I can just relax! That’s probably such a lame Friday for most people my age, but I don’t care.
As much as I love that routine, I’m switching it up this Friday and going to visit my sister in her new place for the first time! I’m so excited to check it out and see what her life has been like for the past week in her new home.
Do you have a Friday routine? Is it as lame as mine?
Good morning and happy Friday!
Everyone at work has been hacking away and staying home sick lately. So yesterday when I was feeling exhausted all day I knew I should get to sleep early so I did just that. I drank tea and read some of my new reading material and called it an early night. Well, an earlier night than usual. I get so excited when I go to bed really early, is that strange?
I’m always happy when Friday comes around, but this week has actually been a great week for several reasons. I’m going to try to make a point to enjoy the little things throughout the work week instead of always longing for free time on the weekends.
Here are the little things I enjoyed this week:
1. I finally got a pedicure that I’ve been meaning to get for about 8 months now. I need to partake in this luxury more often. I can’t help but smile when I see my smooth professionally manicured feet.
2. I baked blondies which made some work friends happy.
3. Attended a Magic game with my sister…and we won!
4. Made 2 trips to Starbuck’s and paid for my drinks with a gift card.
5. Stocked up on work snacks.
6. A cold front is coming through!
7. Anticipating a weekend away with Sean! It’s only about 30 minutes away from my house, but supposedly it’s a really magical place so I’m pumped to spend the weekend there!
What have been the highlights of your week?